The SA TexPREP and Alamo AFCEA scholarships will be awarded on the basis of a comprehensive process. Areas that are reviewed by the committee include, but are not limited to the following: academic performance, community service, letter of recommendation, essay, desire to study and work in a STEM field, and financial need. All scholarships are awarded without regard to race, religion, color, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation. Four (4) $1,000 scholarships will be award to eligible applicants. Applicants may be conditionally select-ed based on expected enrollment and must provide proof of enrollment before funds are dispersed.
- Applicants must be completing or have completed high school successfully with a minimum GPA of 3.25.
- Applicants must be enrolling full time as a freshman at a San Antonio college or university for the fall 2018 academic semester. If scholarship money is awarded, funds will be sent directly to the applicants indicat-ed institution.
- Applicants must have successfully completed three years of SA TexPREP.
- Applications are due by October 15, 2017 (no late application will be accepted).
- Applicants will be notified if awarded a scholarship by October 30, 2017.
Applicants Must Provide
- Completed application form.
- Official high school transcript.
- A letter of recommendation from a high school administrator, counselor, or teacher (signed and dated)
- Proof of acceptance at an academic institution for post-secondary studies (when officially enrolled).
If you have any questions about the application, please call
Ryan Culbertson, Scholarship Chair, 210-458-2063 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you will need to have Adobe Acrobat to view and edit it.