Student Support Services (SSS) is a TRiO program that provides opportunities for academic development, assists students with basic college requirements, motivates students toward the successful completion of their postsecondary education. The goal of SSS is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its participants.
SSS provides academic tutoring, advice and assistance in post-secondary course selection, information on both the full range of student financial aid programs and financial aid applications, benefits and resources for locating public and private scholarships, economic literacy and application assistance for students applying for admission to UTSA from a two-year institution or to graduate or professional programs.
- Academic Support and Guidance
- Tutoring – one on one or small groups
- Workshops – topics include study abroad, graduate school, financial literacy, financial aid assistance (FAFSA and scholarship searches), career services – including resume assistance and interviewing skills
- Campus engagement/connections
- Social enrichment events including the symphony and/or ballet performances
- Programs designed for first year students: study skills/speed reading and comprehension, note taking/note cards, health, time management, campus involvement, stress relief, test anxiety, etc.
- UTSA SSS Program Computers for you to use on campus
Currently enrolled undergraduate UTSA students who
- Are U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents
- Have an academic need
- Are first generation college students – meaning that neither parent has a four year college degree,
- Meet income guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education,
- Have a documented disability on file with the UTSA Student Disability Services
Students interested in the program must complete the UTSA Student Support Services application, provide income verification – such as the Student Aid Report (SAR) and demonstrate academic need. Students who have documented disability must provide verification from the UTSA Student Disability Services if they are seeking SSS services.
Main Building 0.312
Phone: (210) 458-7510