The Institute for P-20 Initiatives conducts Roadrunner for a Day, UTSA campus tours for elementary and middle school students.
The Roadrunner for a Day program provides elementary and middle school students with an opportunity to tour the UTSA Campus, talk to college students, and learn about the importance of higher education. The P-20 Institute Roadrunner for a Day program aims to inspire, engage, and assist the participating students in their pursuit of higher education goals.
Roadrunner for a Day lasts approximately two hours. The UTSA 1604 Campus Roadrunner for a Day consists of a campus tour, P-20 Institute presentation, and UTSA student/alumni panel.The UTSA Downtown Campus Roadrunner for a Day consists of a P-20 Institute presentation, scavenger hunt, and an interactive career match and exploration activity through the TexasGearUp.com Discover You Quiz.
Register for Roadrunner for a Day
Summer registration for Roadrunner for a Day is booked. The Fall Roadrunner for a Day September - December 2018 dates will be able to reserve on September 6th, 2018. Spring 2019 dates for tours hosted February- April will be posted January 30th, 2019. P-20 Initiatives does not conduct guided tours in May, during UTSA final exams, and during large on-campus events.
If an elementary or a middle school is unable to reserve a Roadrunner for a Day, you may experience UTSA through a Self-Guided Tour of the UTSA 1604 Campus. Reservations are available for groups to complete a tour of campus on their own.
- Self-guided tours may be scheduled during the week at 9:30 AM, 11:00 AM, and 2:00 PM.
- One group per time slot is allowed.
- Groups larger than 150 should split the group and stagger arrival times for self-guided tours.
- Registration for self-guided tours are requested to ensure the safety of the students and campus.
Campus Tour Availability
- Please continue to check this Roadrunner for a Day program page for updates, review the frequently asked questions (PDF), or contact P-20 Initiatives if you have additional questions.
- Roadrunner for a Day and Self-Guided Tours are not permitted during UTSA final exams, during holidays, or large campus events.
- Roadrunner for a Day and Self-Guided Tours are not available to reserve until the UTSA Census Date, two weeks after classes begin each semester.
- High school students and groups can request tours through the UTSA Admissions' Welcome Center.
If you would like to get a bird's eye view of the campus, check out the UTSA Virtual Tour of our campuses.