The UTSA Institute for P-20 Initiatives offers a variety of resources for the grade school community in order to create a college-going culture within Bexar County and beyond.
UTSA Classroom and College Fair Materials
In order to promote the importance of going to college to elementary and middle school students, P-20 provides interested campuses with general information about UTSA, course offerings, general admissions requirements, general financial aid requirements, and college life. Please e-mail email@example.com to request to be provided with materials.
UTSA Presenters for College and Career Fairs
To request to have a presenter in your classroom or at a college or career fair within Bexar county, please submit the CAMPUS VISIT REQUEST FORM - (CampusVisitRequestForm.pdf ) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete requests for presenters must be made at least 3 weeks prior to the event.
Institute for P-20 Initiatives Monthly Parent Newsletter
The Institute for P-20 Initiatives prepares the monthly Parent Engagement in Region 20 - P-20 NEWSLETTER to provide parents/guardians with information on education-related resources, news, events and programs.
Rowdy the Roadrunner's Road to College and Career Poster
- Keep up your grades in reading, writing and math.
- Develop study habits and reading skills.
- Talk about college.
- Attend a college summer camp or athletic event.
- Take challenging coursework in math, science, and English.
- Develop time management skills.
- Explore interests and develop talents.
- Get involved in organizations and take leadership roles.
- Attend a College and Career Fair.
- Schedule regular meetings with your counselor.
- Take Dual Credit and Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
- Prepare for the SAT/ACT.
- Learn about financial aid and research scholarship opportunities.
- Participate in co-curricular activities and volunteer to diversify your resume.
- Research your top colleges and visit the campuses.
- APPLY EARLY!